Many of Laura Taylor's naturalistic designs reflected the native flora and fauna of her North Dakota farm childhood. A wide range of other products included place souvenirs, human forms, functional items and advertising pieces. Observing trends, Taylor met the needs and wishes of the public. The company name was changed to Rosemeade Potteries in 1953 for better name recognition and remained successful while many other companies of that era did not survive.
Distinctive lustrous glazes created by Howard Lewis, production manager, set Rosemeade apart, making it easily recognizable. Metal oxides painted under the glazes fired into colorful hues. Lewis also threw swirl pottery vases and pitchers. He learned the swirl process while working at Niloak Pottery and previously produced "Dickota Badlands" swirl pottery for the Dickinson Clay Products Company.
Joe McLaughlin succeeded Lewis as production manager. McLaughlin introduced decorative decals, including those of wildlife artist Les Kouba, and accelerated advertising specialties sales. Rosemeade Potteries closed in 1961. Although some early pottery and the swirl ware were thrown on the potter's wheel, the majority of Rosemeade was cast in molds. Most Rosemeade pottery is identified with an impressed mark or an ink stamp of the company name in black or blue lettering on the bottom.